Nigerians Can Apply For A Study Visa In Canada – High-quality education is one of the main reasons why individuals select Canada as a study destination; Canadian institutions are consistently ranked among the best in the world. These colleges have a wealth of experience and cutting-edge technology to help students obtain knowledge and experience.
People from all over the world, including Nigerians, India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan etc., migrate to Canada for a variety of reasons, including access to high-quality education.
Canada is the world’s sixth most peaceful country, according to the latest data from the Global Peace Index. Students from other countries enjoy the same rights as Canadian students.
And Canada is well known for its good hospitality. People from all over the world, even Africa’s Ghana and Kenya etc., work and study in Canada. Making the decision to relocate to Canada for education is a good one, however it will be difficult, because migrating from one country to another, in general, entails a number of steps, from gathering paperwork to acquiring a visa. It can be a really stressful situation. In fact, the majority of people give up on the procedure. While the majority of people struggle to obtain a visa, others find it rather simple because they have all of the necessary information and that’s why we are here to make it easy for you. So if you are a Nigerian, follow the provided steps below and make your dream of studying in Canada a reality.
What To Consider When Travelling To Canada
In comparison to universities in other English-speaking countries like the United Kingdom and the United States, Canadian institutions have affordable tuition fees and as such are great alternatives for Nigerians in terms of return on investment. Nigerians can also apply for a range of scholarships in Canada to study. You can save money on tuition and fees by applying to one.
So it’s possible for Nigerians to study in Canada. All you need are some pointers on how to get your student permit and other necessary documentation. If you carefully read this post, you will learn everything you need to know to get started on your application and even connect with the institution of your choice.
Therefore, going to study abroad is an incredible opportunity. It opens up a world of possibilities, and deciding to study in Canada is no exception. There are also immigration programs intended for foreigners who have graduated from Canadian post-secondary schools that can assist you in becoming a permanent resident. That’s exactly, they don’t want you to leave if you obtain a qualification in Canada. They want you to stay and put your new abilities to good use, boosting their economy and allowing you to live a comfortable and happy life. In fact, Canada is so eager for Nigerians to apply to study in their lovely country that they recently inaugurated the Niger Scholarship Program.
How To Get Admission To A Canadian University
It’s vital to know that the Canadian academic year spans from August to June, which will affect when you apply. It is critical that you submit your application at least a year in advance. This is due to the fact that colleges and other post-secondary institutions have their own processing times before you even get to the processing times for your study visa. Aside from academic qualifications, schools frequently offer a list of requirements that prospective international students must complete. A list of them will be provided to you by your institution, and it may contain the following below:
- The medical coverage throughout the duration of your studies, because without it, you will not have access to Canada’s free public health system throughout your study period as you are not a permanent resident.
- Application costs and tuition fees
- Their Language abilities. Depending on your subject and level of study, you may be required to take one of the Canadian Language Benchmark tests.
- The evidence that you can meet your living expenses, such as rent, feeding and others.
So in this case, you have to fill out the forms and send them to the schools of your choice. You will receive an admission letter if you are accepted as a student. This is what you’ll use to apply for your Study Permit.
How To Get A Study Permit From Canada
Students who have been admitted to a bachelor’s or master’s program at an approved learning institution are eligible to participate in the Nigerian Student Express (NSE) experiment. If you are pursuing another course, such as a diploma, you will still be eligible for a study permit; however, you will have to wait an additional 8 weeks for processing.
Below are NSE’s Eligibility Requirements that you have to meet up with:
- You must be residing outside of Canada at the time of application
- You must be a legal Nigerian resident.
- Get a medical examination.
- Have a letter of admission from a certain institution.
- Show proof of payment of your first year’s tuition.
- Purchase and produce verification of a guaranteed investment certificate from a Canadian bank with a minimum balance of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000) which you’ll not be able to access until you arrive in Canada.
- Pass the Canadian Language Benchmark test with a minimum score of six (6).
- Submit transcripts from your most recent secondary or postsecondary schooling.
- Obtain a letter of police clearance.
Additionally, your spouse or common-law partner may be entitled to accompany you to Canada as well and also work during your studies. They only need to apply for an open work permit. You are also permitted to work in Canada while pursuing your studies.