Iron Man is a 2008 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Paramount Pictures, it is the first film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Directed by Jon Favreau from a screenplay by the writing teams of Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, and Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, the film stars Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man alongside Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges, Shaun Toub, and Gwyneth Paltrow. In the film, following his escape from captivity by a terrorist group, world famous industrialist and master engineer Tony Stark builds a mechanized suit of armor and becomes the superhero Iron Man.
Iron Man premiered in Sydney on April 14, 2008, and was released in the United States on May 2, as the first film in Phase One of the MCU. It grossed over $585 million, becoming the eighth-highest grossing film of 2008.
Iron Man (2008) – Trailer
When Tony Stark, an industrialist, is captured, he constructs a high-tech armoured suit to escape. Once he manages to escape, he decides to use his suit to fight against evil forces to save the world.
Release date: 2 May 2008 (USA)
Director: Jon Favreau
Box office: $585.8 million
Screenplay by: Mark Fergus; Hawk Ostby; Art Marcum; Matt Holloway
Production company: Marvel Studios
Distributed by: Paramount Pictures Studios
Related: Iron Man 3 (2013) Movie Download Mkv
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark
- Terrence Howard as James “Rhodey” Rhodes
- Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane
- Shaun Toub as Ho Yinsen
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia “Pepper” Potts
- Faran Tahir as Raza
- Paul Bettany as voice of J.A.R.V.I.S.
- Leslie Bibb as Christine Everhart
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
- Will Lyman provides the voice-over during the opening award ceremony.
- Jon Favreau as Harold “Happy” Hogan
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury