In the Quantum Realm, Hank Pym finds Janet van Dyne, but she infects him with a quantum virus. They return to Earth and cause a zombie apocalypse. Two weeks later, a group of survivors—Bruce Banner, Hope van Dyne, Peter Parker, Bucky Barnes, Okoye, Sharon Carter, Happy Hogan, and Kurt—learn there is a potential cure at Camp Lehigh. They lose Hogan, Carter, and Hope to zombie attacks on the way there, where they meet Vision. His Mind Stone can reverse the virus, exemplified by a cured Scott Lang’s head kept alive in a jar, but an infected Wanda Maximoff is immune to the cure and Vision has been feeding pieces of T’Challa to her. Maximoff breaks free and kills Kurt, Okoye, and Barnes. Vision commits suicide to give the Mind Stone to Parker. Banner transforms into the Hulk and sacrifices himself to battle Maximoff, allowing the others to escape. To broadcast the Stone’s energy across the world, Parker, Lang, and T’Challa go to Wakanda, where a zombified Thanos wields a nearly-complete Infinity Gauntlet.
What If… Zombies? – Trailer
It explores what would happen if the events of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) films Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) and Avengers: Infinity War (2018) occurred differently, with members of the Avengers becoming zombies and initiating a worldwide zombie apocalypse, while a group of survivors search for a cure.
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther
- Paul Bettany as Vision
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne / Wasp
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man
- Jon Favreau as Harold “Happy” Hogan / Zombie Happy
- Danai Gurira as Okoye
- Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter
- David Dastmalchian as Kurt
- Hudson Thames as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Tom Vaughan-Lawlor as Ebony Maw