365 Days (Polish: 365 dni) is a 2020 Polish erotic thriller film directed by Barbara Białowąs and Tomasz Mandes. Based on the first novel of a trilogy by Blanka Lipińska, the plot follows a young Warsaw woman (Anna-Maria Sieklucka) in a spiritless relationship falling for a dominant Sicilian man (Michele Morrone), who imprisons and imposes on her a period of 365 days for which to fall in love with him.
365 Days was released theatrically in Poland on 7 February 2020. When released globally on Netflix on 7 June 2020, it quickly gained worldwide attention, becoming the most watched item in territories across the world, including the United States. Despite this popularity, the film received universally negative reviews, with criticism aimed at its perceived glorification of the Mafia and heavy use of sex sequences that include sexual violence, drawing comparisons to the Fifty Shades trilogy. A sequel, entitled 365 Days: This Day, was released on Netflix on 27 April 2022.
365 Days / 365 DNI – Trailer
Laura and Massimo attempt to piece their lives back together following the inter-mafia conflict. However, Massimo’s family ties and a mysterious man bidding for Laura’s heart complicate the lovers’ lives.
Initial release: 27 April 2022
Directors: Tomasz Mandes, Barbara Białowąs
Distributed by: Netflix
- Anna-Maria Sieklucka as Laura Biel
- Michele Morrone as Escudero “Massimo”
- Bronisław Wrocławski as Mario
- Otar Saralidze as Domenico
- Magdalena Lamparska as Olga
- Natasza Urbańska as Anna
- Grażyna Szapołowska as Klara Biel, Laura’s mother
- Tomasz Stockinger as Tomasz Biel, Laura’s father
- Gianni Parisi as Massimo’s father
- Mateusz Łasowski as Martin
- Blanka Lipińska as a bride